Saturday, June 30, 2012

The New OUAS

Today's the first reveal for the new team at Once Upon a Sketch http://onceuponasketchblog.blogspot.ca/
Once again Nadia has brought together a team of amazingly talented and diverse scrappers who are so inspiring.
Here's this month's fabulous sketch with the...

Theme: Friend

We would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme "Friend" however you like based on the following sketch. You can journal as little or as much as you like, but your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. 
**Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is. Hidden journalling is perfectly fine**

Ideas for journalling: one of your current friends, a childhood friend, an unexpected friendship,what having friends mean for you, a friend that you miss or have lost, family member who is your closest friend, a scrappy/online  friend,  a special person that has touched your life, someone who has helped you out lately, a friend that you couldn't do without, your children's friends / classmates etc.


And my take...


My two have always been the best of friends. Maybe it's a little of the twin thing, maybe it's just that they only have each other, or maybe it's just that Jera is a very tolerant brother. lol  Sure they have their moments but they would do anything for each other. Journalling: On the back I have a pocket telling some of the stories of their friendship through the years.
I created this one on a canvas and tomorrow I'll do a post showing lots of pics about how to...
I love the way it turned out. It's now up on my scrap room wall.
***

As always we have some incredible support from the scrapping community with great sponsors and wonderful prizes.



We have 2 new featured sponsors this month. 

The first one is a gorgeous etsy shop by one of our newest Design Team member's Kay Fatula. Please welcome to Once Upon A...Sketch Kay's Kreative Korner. 



Direct link to shop:


The second new sponsor for July is a new online store called Scrap Locker


Scrap Locker is a brand new online scrapbooking store with a huge variety of products from many favorite manufacturers including Tim Holts, Prima Marketing, Zva Creative and many more. Scrap Locker also has many handmade items. Some of the handmade items include crochet flowers, bead sprays and albums. Scrap Locker ships to many international locations. Scrap Locker also has a gallery and would love for you to fill out a gallery inclusion form and share your crafty inspiration with fellow scrapbookers. Check us out today at http://www.scraplocker.com/

*****
Thought I'd add another couple of recent layouts.

First up is "Follow Your Heart." It's one of Sienna sitting contemplating what to do. That's not flash flare on the grasses. It was the sun just poking through the clouds in that spot, resulting in squinted eyes. lol
These Pink Paislee pp are so lovely, especially with some Manor House blooms and Flourish With A Bling vine and a beautiful Imaginarium Designs birdcage.


I always have to add just a little depth to the flowers. Here I've chalked the centres, touched up with paint and finished off with stickles.

This gorgeous vine was perfect with this lo.

Some splashes of paint and rubons. I love the layers.

and
To contrast the Spring above is a blue and white themed, winter one.
This pic was published in Canadian Scrapbooker. Sienna's favourite pastime/sport is ice skating. In the Canadian winter you'll often see outdoor rinks. This was an ice path through the snow in the nearby mountains. That's our dog Buddy leading the way.

  A funny story about the frame. It looks great with the pic but I had to manipulate the photo a little to fit. If I enlarged to fit the frame width then my dh and dd where to big. So I had to resort to cutting the pic into pieces and pasting it to the back of the frame. If you look in the left top corner with our dog, the snow is a little out of alignment but overall it was a pretty good match up. Don't you think? The things we scrappers have to do.
  Love this deep blue scroll from Flourish With a Bling.
  Meringue is the name of this gorgeous bloom from Manor House sprayed with a little mist in the centre.
Lots of wintery flowers and snowy Prima birdhouse.

Well that's it. Hope you're all having a great weekend. Thanks for your lovely comments. I really do appreciate you dropping by.
Jenix

16 comments:

  1. Hi Jen... oh wow. these are all so beautiful.. I really could look at them for hours!! so many details, and bits and mists and flowers and fussy cutting.. really beautiful creations.. and thanks for your comment on my blog re my layout on my sisters and I, and as for the colors, yes perhaps the soft colors are a reflection of being in my autumn years.. you are not the first person to comment on my use of certain colors in my layouts pertaining to a certain feeling about the layout.. I guess our art is intertwined with our emotions whether we know it or not!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your layouts are all amazing! There's always so many details in your creations and I just love what you do with the mixed media too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages Jeni. Every page has such beautiful detail. You are so super talented and put the most beautiful embellishments together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW !!! I totally love your take on things, such unusual, delicious details. The Ice Skating and Friends LO's are beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, I am speechless when coming to your blog! These projects are fabulous. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All such beautiful creations Jeni.. adore all the beautiful layering and mixed media technique!! So glad to be part of the OUAS DT with you.. love your work!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh the depth of layers and designs are just extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I am so glad to find you! I was looking to some of your latest LOs! Your work is amazing! I can' t believe that there can be so high level!!! Love the colors, the details, the technics!!!! Wowwwww!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these are such amazing works of Art! Love them! They are scrappy LOs that I just love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!! So many fantastic pages!! What a juicy colors, I love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeni your LOs are all stunning. But I am totally in love with the piece of art you created for OUAS. It is so different and so artistic! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jeni!
    Great take at Once Upon a Sketch!
    I subscribe two Australian Scrapbook magazines
    and I have seen many of your beautiful and artistical projects, congrats!
    Please to meet you!
    xox Julia Sáddi - Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love coming for a visit as I know that your creations will catch both my attention and imagination, you put so much loving thought into your work. Love the star-lit sky and the wonderful photos in your Friends-page. Amazing design of the Follow-Your-heart layout and the MHC flowers really add some pop to everything. My fave is the Ice Skating layout and I would definitely not have seen anything strange about the photo had you not pointed out that little detail. Gorgeous gorgeous pages! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWWWW!
    Your work is AWESOME and inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your work!! So beautiful!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Jeni ... thank you also to reciprocate.
    Whenever I see their work in blogs and challenges are stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete