Thursday, July 21, 2011

Once Upon a Sketch - DT

I'm really so excited to announce that I've been asked to join the design team at Once Upon a Sketch.

The girls there are so lovely and Nadia the owner and founder is such a sweetheart. I've long admired her and her beautiful creations. http://samnadia.blogspot.com/

Let me tell you a story. Sketches were always a bit of a mystery to me. I didn't quite understand why a scrapper would use them. Then I won Becky Fleck's Pagemaps book last year at a chat night at Webster's. And the design team at Dusty Attic was featured as guests at Pagemaps in 2010. I enjoyed working with Becky's sketch so much. I finally understood.

When I saw Nadia's fabulous site and her amazing sketches, I was hooked. I love the idea that you have a plan, something to use as a guide. But, it still allows you the freedom to choose, flip it sideways, dress it up. Sometimes it looks nothing like the original. Althewhile you had an idea, a direction to follow, a purpose.

The special thing that sets this sketch challenge apart is the journalling. I don't know about you but as my creativity has grown, my journalling is often neglected. Over the last few years most of my journalling has shifted to the back of my layouts. It's going to challenge me to give it it's rightful, valued place on my page.

So if you want a challenge, jumpstart your mojo, share your creations and just have some fun, come and join us.
Come on over and join in the sketch fun.
Here's the link. http://onceuponasketchblog.blogspot.com/
Huge congrats to the lovely Patti Hamil who also joined the team. http://mypiecesoftime.blogspot.com/
So fun to be working together again.
Jenix

9 comments:

  1. Congrats,Jeni, on the DT! Can't wait to see what you make--I know everything will be stunning! I agree that Pagemaps are a great way to jump start my creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats!!!I too love OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enormous congrats - can't wait to see more of your spectacular creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes huge congrats, I love working with sketches too and felt the same way as you at first...I love OUAS and have just recently found them too...have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. big congrats! your work is sooo inspirative I think it is evident that you work as a DT member. :) hope to see your next LO soon... :) hugs,gybogi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the DT position Jen! I Luv OUAS too & often join in the challenges. Look forward to seeing ur work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, huge congrats! That's such exciting news, cause now we can enjoy even more of your gorgeous creations with Nadia's fabulous sketches. I simply can't wait:) You totally deserve this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the dt role.. i have admired your scrapping for so long now it will be a pleasure to see what you come up with using these lovely sketches.. and i so agree.. i have not put the time into journalling and am now noticing it when i look back after a few years as to the photos i have scrapped, just what they are all about.. so the OUAS is a great challenge to me personally.. i am my only challenger in every challenge i do.. just to get a completed layout that i am satisfied with is my prize!! and because i admire you so much, your comments on my blog have lifted my spirits so much.. so thank you for popping in and encouraging me.. it goes a long way with me!! hope your day is going great! xx lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Jenni! I am so happy to be in a DT with you!!!!
    Hugs!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete